Restaurant recommendations from the owner
One of my most favorite restaurant in Goa. Located in a little ally in Palolem serving European cousine, you have to call the owner (Brett on 8698827679) to make a reservation. Believe me, they are booked sometimes a week in advance during the season. They are open mostly from October to April.
We have been dining at Chef Avinesh Martin’s fine dining restaurant for some time now and each time we visit the experience is more exgelerating. Although a little away from Canacona (34 km from our homestay), this Italian influenced Goan restaurant is a must visit if you have the time or want to celebrate a special occasion. Reservation is required.
Local restaurants I would recommend
- Santosh Restaurant (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner) – Beach shack serving local Goan cuisine.
- Surya Café (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner) – Beach shack serving local Goan cuisine
- Matashree (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) – 1km away on the highway, serving Udupi and local food
- Tejas Bar and Restaurant (Lunch, Dinner) – 1.5km away on the Talpona beach , serving traditional Goan food.
- Pick and Pack (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) 2km away on the highway towards Kawar, serving Indian cuisine
- Ciarans (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Kopi Desa (Breakfast , Lunch, Dinner)
- Ourem 88 (Dinner only)
- Dropadi (Indian)
- German Bakery (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Baba’s little Italy (Good Pizza place)
- Zest Café (Vegan)
Places to visit, things to do
Sightseeing in Canacona
- Palolem Beach (Kayaking, surfing, boat ride etc)
- Cola Beach (Kayaking)
- Agonda Beach (Water sports & restaurants)
- Butterfly Beach (Pristine beach)
- Cabo de Rama Fort (Historic site, old Portuguese fort and vintage point)
- Mallikarjun Temple
- Kuskem Waterfall (June to November)
- Bhupar / Bamanbudo Waterfall (June to November)
- Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary